We've Proudly Partnered With Angels Among Us Pet Rescue
We'll donate a percentage of our sales from your veterinary compounded medication to our friends at Angels Among Us Pet Rescue. Call us, or stop by the pharmacy for details.
We have a world class veterinarian compounding pharmacy dedicated to providing fast, reliable, compounding services for any of your animals. We have compounded for unusual species including snakes, squirrels, lizards, fish, primates, and large animals such as horses.
When it comes to animals, we compound with both compassion and speed and look forward to seeing pictures of our new friends.
Dosage Forms for Pets and Exotics include:
- Chewable Medicated Treats
- Transdermal Gels/Creams
- Liquid Suspension and Solutions Animal Friendly Flavoring
- Capsules (beef or chicken flavored available)
- Topical Creams Ointments Lotions
The major benefit of compounding is its ability to customize medications to meet patient's unique needs. No patients are more unique than the ones seen by veterinarians. Diagnosing pets is a challenge in itself. Our pharmacists are willing to work with our clients and their owners to customize medications.
Some pets may not tolerate the taste of their medication and may prefer some of the veterinary flavors we offer such as grilled chicken, strawberry, peanut butter, liver, tuna, etc. Others may need a dose that is not commercially available. We can customize strengths for your 2 lb. kitten to a full size horse. Medications that have been discontinued by the manufacturer may still be available through compounding pharmacies.
Examples of medications that we have been asked to compound for animals:
- Antibiotic suspensions for snakes
- Transdermal gels of thyroid medications for cats which are applied to the inside of the ear
- Capsules and chewable incontinence medications and arthritic medications for dogs
- We have also had rabbit, kangaroo and equine patients
Pavilion Compounding can also formulate in a liquid, capsule, and chewable tablets. Another common drug is cisapride used for gastrointestinal disorders that many felines present with. Ask us about our many methods of providing this for your four-legged family member!
Here are some of the veterinary medications we keep in our large inventory:
- Potassium bromide
- Gabapentin liquid which is xylitol free
- Cyclosporin both oral and eye drops
- Methimazole compounded in liquids
- Chew tabs and capsules
We also have sourced theophylline to help both our canines and felines to breathe more comfortably.