Treatment for Chronic Fungal Sinusitis
In September, 1999, the Mayo Clinic published an article that demonstrated 93% of all chronic sinusitis is caused by mold.
Pavilion Compounding Pharmacy works with a number of physicians in several cities in the treatment of mold related allergies. We have extensive experience in medications, nutritional support and environmental remediation strategies for mold patients.
Medications include anti-fungal, anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory nasal sprays. Nutritional products are available to support the immune system and to assist the body in eliminating yeast overgrowth and replenishing normal intestinal flora. Remediation is based on finding and eliminating the source of mold invasion in the environment then treating the area with natural products.
Commonly requested formulations include:
· Antifungals - nystatin, amphotericin-b, voriconazole, fluconazole, clotrimazole, miconazole, ketoconazole, itraconazole
· Antibiotics - gentamicin, sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim, tobramycin, clindamycin, amikacin, povidone, ceftriaxone, vancomycin
· Steroids - dexamethasone, triamcinolone, hydrocortisone, beclomethasone, fluticasone
· Other – grape fruit seed extract, sugar-free suspension bases, antihistamines, expectorants, oral and topical decongestants, lidocaine. Mold plates, and all natural environmental products (shampoos, laundry detergent, candles, sprays, pet shampoo)
· Available in nasal sprays, sinus drops, ear drops, throat sprays, oral solutions/suspensions, nebulization, irrigations, mouth rinses
Using Pcca's Loxasperse™ and Xylifos™ we are able to compound a stable, therapeutic dose of the medications. . XyliFos is a synergistic/booster for LoxaSperse, and is designed to be the perfect excipient pairing for Loxasperse. Therefore a solution which is able to be used in the Nasoneb® Nebulizer.